Sunday, June 25, 2017

June 20, 2011 Layout - Hip Kit Club June 2017 Main & Color Kits
These photos appeared in my Verizon Flashbacks and I knew I had to scrap them! Mostly becasue I didn't even remember them, thank goodness for auto back-up!

This layout is rather straight forward, especially since the majority (as in almost all!) of the products came from the June 2017 Main & Color Kits from the Hip Kit Club

The background paper is Pinkfresh "dream on," and the striped paper is a Hip Kit Club exclusive, "By the Sea" by Kimberly Hutchison. The "You Are My Sunshine" strip came off the "By the Sea" paper as well. The black polka dot washi tape came from my stash. I think it's one of the first washi tape rolls I bought when I learned about this wonderfully fun and highly addictive product!

Papers both from the Hip Kit Club June 2017 Main Kit

The "You Are My Sunshine" strip came from the striped paper, the washi is from my stash.

I coated the Pinkfresh paper in clear gesso, then, using a Ranger blending tool, I randomly "dabbed" the paint (American Crafts: Vicki Boutin: Cool Colors: "Daiquiri Ice") on the stencil (Echo Park - "Beach Towel"). Both the paint and the stencil came in the Hip Kit Club June 2017 Color Add-on kit

Added some stitching with gold metallic thread.
Since some of the embellishments I planned on using had gold accents on them, I decided to use a gold metallic thread to stich across the top of the striped paper and the bottom of the "You Are My Sunshine" strip.

Also used "Daiquiri Ice" on the corruated cardboard.
I came across a piece of corrugated cardboard when I was rearranging a small corner of my scrap room, and I decided I wanted to use some to add dimension and texture to my layout. First I coated it in white gesso so seal it up, then I added the "Daiquiri Ice," which I felt helped with the flow of the layout.

Yellow(ish) scallops from Pink Paislee: Paige Evans: Oh My Heart: "17"
I decided on the placement for my photos, and I wanted to add a border to the bottom, but I also needed to "connect" it to the top. When I saw the scallped side of the Pink Paislee: Paige Evans: Oh My Heart: "17" paper (also in the Hip Kit Club June 2017 Main Kit) I found my solution! I fussy cut the scalloped strip out and added it the layout.

The twine is from my stash, all other embellishments are from the June 2017 Main Kit, Hip Kit Club.
Embellishments, from the Main Kit, are American Crafts: Vicki Boutin: Ephemera, American Crafts: Amy Tangerine On a Whim: Phrase Thickers, American Crafts: Shimelle Little by Little: Enamel Shapes, and Hip Kit Club Exclusive: Puffy Alphabet Stickers by Kimberly Hutchison. The twine is from my stash.

The "Wild and Free" square and the "&" are from another Pink Fresh "Dream On" paper.
I fussy cut the "&" from one of the squares found on another Pink Fresh "Dream On" paper.

The "silly" button is from {aflairforbuttons} Etsy Shop
The "silly" button came from {A Flair For Buttons} and the blue button came from my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment