Wednesday, June 28, 2017

No Spell Check

No Spellcheck {or backspace}
This is the typewriter I learned to type on! The kind where you need reinforced fingers to "hammer" those keys down! I still own this typewriter, it was my dad's, and I still use it when I want authentic typing.

Kaisercraft "Art of Life" Collection
I dug out some Kaisercraft papers I've had hoarded for I don't know how long and decided they would work perfectly for my vintage style page about my vintage typewriter!

Transparent gesso; nuvo "Aquamarine" mousse; Shimmerz "Coal" Paint; Tim Holtz "Typo" Stencil
Distress Oxides "Vintage Photo" and "Broken China"
Distress Crayons "Vintage Photo" and "Black Soot"
I knew I was going to be folding down some of the top of this paper, I didn't want it to be white, I didn't want to add gesso, and I didn't want any inks to possibly bleed through. My solution? Distress Crayons!

Before adding "Broken China" Distress Oxide
Inked up with Distress Oxides & sprayed with water to "activate"
The button is from {A Flair For Buttons}
Some Thickers Corrugated Letters, and some puffy alphas from Hip Kit Club!
 Product List: 
  • Shimmerz Paint: "Coal"
  • Hip Kit Club Exclusive Alphas for "Spell" 
  • The button/flair: {A Flair For Buttons} Etsy Shop  
  • Advantus - Tim Holtz - Idea-ology Collection - Ephemera Pack - Expedition
  • Thickers - Corrugated - Kraft Charm
  • Fancy Pants - Swagger Collection - 12 x 12 Cardstock Stickers
  • Kaisercraft - Art of Life Collection - "Film Strip" & " Remember"
  • Martha Stewart Crafts - "Scallop Dot" Edge Punch
  • Maya Road Chipboard Shipping Tags
  • Tim Holtz Distress Crayons Set 3 (Vintage Photo & Black Soot)
  • Tim Holtz Distress Oxides - Broken China & Vintage Photo
  • Tim Holtz "Typo" Layering Stencil
  • Tim Holtz Journaling Tickets
  • Tonic Studios - Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Aquamarine 
  • Tonic Studios - Tim Holtz - Paper Distresser 
  • The papers under the photo, the swirly gold paperclip, the heart, and "captured" all came in a RAK from Vivian Lake @ scrapbook.com (May 2017 Not To Be Squared Challenge) 
  • A bit of hemp twine  
  • Teal thread

No comments:

Post a Comment