Saturday, August 12, 2017

Poinsettia Christmas Card!


Poinsettia Christmas Card!


I created the card base myself using Silhouette Studio. It's a 6"x6" flip fold. The colors aren't exact because everything is so shiny getting the right angle was rough, it kept trying to reflect my camera, which really stood out since it's pink! All of the poinsettia cuts came from the Silhouette Store. The biggest poinsettia is cut from a silver card stock and I used some red seed beads & Glossy Accents for the center. The rest of the poinsettias were done last year on water color paper, and I used Distress Spray Stain "Candy Apple" with some "Pewter" Perfect Pearls mixed in for the red poinsettias, and for the silver ones I used Heidi Swapp "Tinsel" Color Shine. The centers of the red and small silver poinsettias is some Glossy Accents that I used to "hold" a layer of Stickles "Gunsmoke" up (Stickles tend to dry flat, and Glossy Accents tend to dry 3D!). After all the flowers were in place I popped in a few little bells from Basic Grey's "Juniper Berry" embellishment pack.

This angle shows the colors the best!
Colors aren't exact here, but I had to lighten the photo a bit so the print on the card stock would show up!

Colors aren't exact here either, I had to lighten this photo a bit too so the print on the card stock would show up!
 Product List:
  • Hot Off The Press - Paper Pizazz - "Black Silver Floral Foil"
  • -Me & My Big Ideas - The deer print paper, didn't have a "name" on it.
  • Heidi Swapp - Color Shine - "Tinsel"
  • Tim Holtz - Distress Spray Stain - "Candied Apple"
  • Ranger: Glossy Accents, "Gunsmoke" Stickles, "Pewter" Perfect Pearls, Mini Mister
  • Silhouette Cameo
  • BasicGrey - Juniper Berry - Embellishment Pack
  • Red sead beads I've had forever!
  • Bazzill Basics - 12 x 12 Silver Foil Cardstock
  • McGill - Paper Blossoms Collection - Tool Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment