Wednesday, October 4, 2017

colder weather

colder weather layout! (the shards along the edges of the torn paper behind the photo are Silver Glitter Shard Glass by ReneaBouquets, but I took the photo with no flash so there wouldn't be glare off the shards or the metallic words at the top!)
Over at scrapbook.com, Amanda (scrapanda) hosts the Music Inspiration Challenge! For September I was given the song "Colder Weather" by the Zac Brown Band (lyrics link; video link), and this is what I came up with!

Way back when... (bet. 2002-2007) I lived in Michigan. This is a photo looking out our back door towards the dilapidated old barn that was on the property. I love the snow. I miss the snow. I don't necessarily miss being cold 😄, but I have always found snow to be beautiful.




In addition to the Music Inspiration Challenge, I am also entering this in the October 1st, Stuck?! Sketches Challenge, using the following sketch as inspiration!

As you can see, I rotated the sketch 90°, and instead of rings and splatters, I used snowflakes from two Simon Says Stamps sets, "Frozen Fractals" and "Swell Christmas."

October 1st Stuck?! Sketches Challenge.

Product List:
  • ReneaBouquets Silver (Shard) Glitter Glass - (this is the 1st time I've ever used it ... had to see how it worked and all! I already have other projects lined up now [in my head] and I know I have found a new product to LOVE!)
  • Simon Says Stamp - "Frozen Fractals" and "Swell Christmas" stamp sets
  • Shimmerz AcriTonez: "3 Sheets to the Wind"
  • Tim Holtz Distress Oxide, Stain, & Spray Stain - Wilted Violet; Nib Water Brush; Distress Collage Brush; Advantus Word Keys; Mini Snips.
  • Bo Bunny - Altitude Collection - Christmas - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Blizzard & Noteworthy Journaling Cards; Sweet Life Collection - Chipboard Stickers
  • Ranger Glossy Accents
  • Prima - Finnabair: Snowflake Paste; 3D Gloss Gel; Metallique Wax - Old Silver & Brushed Iron, Opal Magic Wax - Royal Robes
  • Silhouette Cameo: The font for "weather" is "Cotton Candy" from the Silhouette Store 
  • Pink Paislee - Merry and Bright Collection - Christmas - Foil Stickers - Word Strips
  • We R Memory Keepers - Crop-A-Dile and Case - Pink - Includes Crop-A-Dile, Case and 100 Eyelets
  • EK Success - Sticko Alphas Stickers - Foam - Large - White
  • The lace under the photo and the ribbon on the key were both part of the "goodies" I received from Donna (bonprof) with my September PocketLetter from her! (Neither of them was originally purple, but with a little help from some Distress Stains, all of us got to turn purple! LOL)
  • The snowflake cuts I've had for quite a while. They came as a "subscriber bonus" with a Birds of a Feather Kit...and those kits haven't been released since Feb. 2016!
  • The clear gem...teardrop...bling also came from a Birds of a Feather Kit, I think circa Aug. 2014.
  • 'generic' white acrylic paint
  • white gesso

7 comments:

  1. Fun change to the sketch! Yes colder weather is upon us here too! Thanks so much for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH this is so pretty, it perfectly represents our photo! I love the mist on the picture too, what a great touch! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your twist on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout looks magical. Love the colors and that you turned the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout and love your twist on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to make this sketch your own! It's perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete