Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Midnight Fae!


Midnight Fae! Created for the ReneaBouquet's Fall In Love With Fairies October Swap!

Over on the ReneaBouquet Facebook page, DT Member, Donna, posted the ReneaBouquet's Fall In Love With Fairies October Swap! This is the tag I did for that swap to send to my swap partner!

I had a lot of frustrated fun putting this together! There were quite a few things that were a learning experiance! Sometimes I think my swap partners end up becoming guinea pigs for my experiments!

This tag is a #12 tag, but I cut it out of some corrugated cardboard from an old box. I like to reuse/recycle/repurpose when I can, so all those products I order get their boxes saved to be turned into craft projects or to be used to ship swap items out!

My first order of busines was to coat the tag with some black acrylic paint so the Prima Opal Magic Waxes would show the best, plus, I was making a "nighttime" themed tag!

A close up of bottome corner that has the Beautiful Board Fairy Kisses, Plum Glass Microbeads, and Silver Glass Microbeads, all found at ReneaBouquet. The fairy was coated in Wilted Violet & Seedless Preserves Distress Oxides, the "mulberry type" roses were sprayed with a couple of different sprays, Heidi Swapp's "Tinsel" Color Shine, & some Tim Holtz "Hickory Smoke" watered down and mixed with some "Pewter" Perfect Pearls!
A closer look at the Beautiful Board Moon Fairy from ReneaBouqet with more Silver Glass Microbeads to accent! The moon was coated in a lot of different products until I got what I wanted! Some of those porducts no longer show up, but I guess they helped add to the texture. However, the final coat was Prima's "Old Silver" Metallique Wax.


In both of the above photos, and the three below, you can see where I added some Black Shard Glitter Glass from ReneaBouquet! The texture paste used with Tim Holtz's Honeycomb stencil is "Foiled Again," by Shimmerz. (At the time of this writing, the Shimmerz website was not loading for me, sorry I couldn't add links directly to the products.)



 Product List:
  • ReneaBouquet:
  • Shimmerz Paints
    • Paint: Coal
    • Dazzlerz: Foiled Again
  • Tim Holtz 
    • Distress Oxides: Wilted Violet & Seedless Preserves
    • Distress Spray Stain: Hickory Smoke
    • Honeycomb Stencil
  • Ranger
    • Texture Paste
    • Black Archival Ink
    • Perfect Pearls: Pewter
    • Mini Mister 
    • Glossy Accents
  • Wendi Vecci
    • Watering Can Embossing Powder
  • Prima
    • 3D Gloss Gel
    • Wood Embellishments: "Leaves & Mushrooms"
    • Decadent Pies Watercolor Set
    • Opal Magic Wax: Royal Robes & Turquoise Satin
    • Metallique Wax: Old Silver & Brushed Iron
  • Carta Bella "Lattice" Stencil
  • Echo Park "Mini Leaves" Stencil
  • Heidi Swapp Color Shine: Tinsel
  • Silver wire
  • Black Acrylic Paint
  • "Mulberry" roses
  • We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile
  • WOW Embossing Powder: Cloud 9
  • Even though they don't exactly stand out, the "flat" flowers are composed of:
    • Penny Black: tiger-lilly
    • Designs By Ryn - "Flowers"
    • Tim Holtz "Flower Garden"

No comments:

Post a Comment