Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Hair Up Here

Hair Up Here
A layout featuring photos of yours truly at (almost) 11 years old! The journaling explains it all!

Me, in April 1990, attempting to get the high bangs that were in style at the time. Unfortunately (Fortunately?) I was given a head full of fine hair that has never cooperated!

This layout is for two challenges, the first being the August 1, 2017 Stuck?! Sketches challenge, using the following sketch:



The second challenge is the "Ugly Paper Challenge" over at scrapbook.com where I am the hostess. I first did the challenge back in August 2011 with the, I believe, original hostess. Then in 2012 (I think) the second hostess took over, and in March 2015 I took it over! So, as far as I know, I am the third hostess of the challenge. I haven't done the challenge every month since I first found it (with the previous hostesses), but I have always loved the challenge! In short, two "ugly" papers and one (or more!) "ugly" embellishment(s) are mailed to another player (I give out addresses!) at the beginning of the month, and players have until the end of the month to create their layouts! The papers have to still be recognizable, and the embellishment is optional (it counts as two extra votes at the end of the month!). Now, this isn't to say any particular papers or embellishments are "ugly," but the combination given is! Most of the time anyhow! The challenge is receiving a combination that you may have never even considered putting together on your own, plus you are receiving papers that may not be your "style." Anyhow, I just wanted to make it be known that "ugly" is a subjective term, and I have received (on more than one occasion) papers that were wonderful, even though the sender didn't think so!


When I received my papers this month I immediately thought of my being a "tom-boy" growing up, but I just didn't know what photos I had to use with them. It turns out I didn't have the photos needed, my grandmother did, but I didn't know that until our family has had to start sorting through her 88 years worth of possessions after she passed on August 3, 2017. And while it has been a sad time for the family, we have also discovered many items, mementos, and photos we didn't know existed.

The papers, and embellies, I received for the August 2017 Ugly Paper Challenge



Product List:
  • Crate Paper - Chasing Dreams Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Royale
  • Ranger Glossy Accents
  • Sharpie Fine Point Writing Pens
  • Shimmerz Paints: Paste-eez "Raspberry Sherbet," and Coloringz "Well Blue Me Down."
  • Carta Bella Paper - 6 x 6 Stencil - Lattice
  • Pink Paislee - Paige Evans - Oh My Heart Collection - Ephemera with Foil Accents
  • American Crafts - Starshine Collection - Thickers - Glitter - Fitzgerald - Teal
  • Tim Holtz - Idea-ology Collection - Industrious Stickers - Deco Type
  • The black/grey glittery paper is DCWV, but it was in my scraps, and I couldn't even being to guess what the stack was it came from!
  • Hip Kit Club Exclusive Enamel Dots (March 2017)
  • Unknown pink & white twine

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful color combo, and I love the layers created under the photo!Thank you for joining us at Stuck?!Sketches❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love all the details on this layout! Amazing page! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic and fun layout. You made those ugly papers work really well. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow amazing page! Love your background work and lovely accents! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layout...your beautiful details made your "ugly papers" sparkle!!! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?! Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete