Friday, September 29, 2017

My Ancestor!

"Ancestor" ATC featuring one of my actual ancestors!
I did this set of ATCs for the "Ancestor" category over at Marci's ATC swap on scrapbook.com! I will also be entering this project into the Simon Says Stamp, Anything Goes, Wednesday Challenge!

The main photo is actually one of my ancestors, my great great grandfather! The original photo of him is actually very faded & blemished, but I used my dusty photo editing skills to fix him up for this challenge! He's not exactly fit for hanging on a wall yet, but for what I wanted to do here I got what I needed! I printed the photo on regular, white, printer cardstock and used JudiKins MicroGlaze to protect the majority of the photo. After he was thoroughly coated with the MicroGlaze, I spritzed water to get the printer ink to bleed a bit, dried the photos, trimmed them down, rounded the corners, distressed the edges, then inked them! WHEW! That was a mouthful!

The background for the ATCs is made of bits and pieces from Tim Holtz's "Lost and Found" paper stack. I layered up some random bits, glued them down, then used a blending tool to add some Vintage Photo Distress Oxide, which I then spritzed with water to activate. The little "film strips" of photos are also from the "Lost an Found Stack." I love Tim's style, but I have never figured out what to do with all the photos of random people he has in many of his stacks & ephemera packages! This is only the second time I have found a use for the faces of strangers! It's not anything I dislike about them, I actually think they are very cool, but my poor brain just can't add "strangers" to things very well!

Product List:
  • Tim Holtz - Tiny Attacher, Distress Oxide: Vintage Photo, Lost and Found Paper Stack, Mini Blending Tool, and Paper Distresser.
  • JudiKins MicroGlaze

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely way to use that photo he was a very handsome man, such a lovely keepsake.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete