Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Halloween Tag!

The photo behind the claw marks is holographic! There is a close-up further down the post.
Over at scrapbook.com Donna (bonprof) hosted a September tag swap! There were two categories, Autumn and Halloween. You didn't have to do both, but I did, and this is my Halloween tag that was sent down to Kathy in Australia! (Here's where you can see the Autumn tag!)

And, thanks to perfect timing, I'll be entering this tag in the Simon Says Stamp, "A Walk On The Darkside," Monday Challenge, and the Simon Says Stamp, "Anything Goes," Wednesday Challenge!

I actually did a lot of mixed media work on the background when I started because I wasn't entirely sure what direction I'd be going. I knew I wanted to use a photo behind the claw marks, but I didn't know what kind of photo or how big ... then I just happened to turn around in the Halloween isle when I saw the package of holographic "photographs" hanging up! Now, you can only really see the Prima White Crackle Paste coated in ink along the edges!

The lace along the edge also didn't start out as an orangish-rust color, it was white, but with some help from Tim Holtz's Distress Spray Stains in Carved Pumpkin and Rusty Hinge, I made the lace match my theme!

After all that it was just placing and gluing the items in place! Although I did use some black craft foam to pop up the purple paper above the photo after using the Claw Thinlits to cut matching marks!

The full tag at the top of the post shows the color best. The colors here are a little distorted because of the lighting change needed for a close-up of the holographic images!

Products Used:
  • The holographic photo, wired burlap ribbon, black & gold rose, "twigs," purple lace, and purple spider I found in the Halloween and/or Autumn decor sections of my local 99¢ store!
  • The orange lace on the edge I received in a lot of 'vintage' lace off eBay.
  • 'Mulberry' flowers (orange roses)
  • Joelle's Halloween Fabric Flowers: the black burlap flowers.
  • Tim Holtz: Thinlits - Claw Marks, Distress Spray Stains - Hickory Smoke, Carved Pumpkin, and Rusty Hinge, Distress Oxide - Black Soot
  • Sizzix Big Shot Plus
  • Heidi Swapp Color Shine: Bronze
  • Prima Texture Paste: White Crackle
  • Ranger Glossy Accents
  • Echo Park Arsenic and Lace patterened paper
  • The small, black spider was actually a cheap, orange, plastic ring used as party favors! I just added a lot of Glossy Accents and Martha Stewart Onyx glitter!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is awesome! I love this die so much and with this colors it's so dramatic and scary. Love the burlap bow a lot. Thank you for Walking On The Dark Side with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete