Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Wedding Congratulations!

Congratulations (A wedding card)
This past weekend the husband and I went to a wedding of some very dear friends. We've known the groom for over 11 years, and about 6 1/2 years ago we met the bride. We knew that someday we would be going to their wedding, even if they didn't know it at the time! It was a beautiful ceremony, and we were so honored and happy to be there with them for it!

As for the card, it is rather straight forward. I did make the flowers myself, and was constantly reminded why I don't do that! But, I needed those colors right NOW! So I had no real choice in the matter!!

In addition to my handmade, mulberry paper flowers, there is some vintage lace (no brand, got it off eBay a few months ago), some random twine, and some unbranded stamen. Plus, the beautiful butterfly is from ReneaBouquets! It came on the business card in one of my orders, and it worked perfectly for this card!! (Thank you, Renea!)

The card stock, patterned paper, and embossed paper are all from the Simon Says Stamp November Card Kit, and the sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp "Floral Bliss" stamp set (links at the bottom in the "Product List" area).

The inside says:
"May you forever find joy in each others eyes,
warmth in each others arms,
love in each others heart."

I just printed it out on some "linen" printer paper and used my ATG to stick it down! (Oh, I found the quote on Pinterest, I'm not that poetic!)

I will be entering this little project into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday "Anything Goes" Challenge!



Product List:
  • ReneaBouquets Butterfly 
  • Mulberry paper (I made all the flowers) 
  • Simon Says Stamp: 
  • Elmer's - Craft Bond - Glue Spots - Thin Medium
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Basics - 3D Gloss Gel - 8 Ounces
  • Tim Holtz 
    • Distress Oxides Ink Pads - Frayed Burlap
    • Distress Ink Pads - Embossing Ink Clear
    • Paper Distresser
  • Wendy Vecchi 
    • Embossing Powder - Watering Can
  • Sizzix 
    • Big Shot Plus Machine - White and Gray
  • Spellbinders 
    • Shapeabilities Collection - D-Lites Die - Create A Rose
  • Unknown/unbranded twine 
    • stamen 
    • 5 petal flower dies 
    • vintage laces

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the pretty design and all of the amazing texture!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete