Sunday, March 31, 2019

Flight of Fancy Canvas

My 8x10 canvas for the March More Than Words Main Challenge! Fantasy + Wings
This month the main challenge over on the More Than Words Blog was to be inspired by "Fantasy & Wings." For me, fantasy always makes me think of fairies. If it's fantasy, there's going to be some kind of fae involved! This month I also had pastes on my mind, and I happen to have a nice set of Finnabair's Fantasy Rust Effect Paste...which goes with the fact that I also love using purple, teal (turquoise), and blue together...especially with fantasy!

I may not have had a fairy that I could get to "fit" on this canvas, and I have a few different chipboard fairies, I did have a handy-dandy fairy door from Creative Embellishments! I also happened to have the Astral Pink Butterflies from ReneaBouquets, and the color on them is
just beautiful...and perfect for my piece!
More Than Words Main Challenge - March 2019

I love the cells that the paint pour created along this edge!






Baked Texture - Patina Oxide on the door & Ancient Amber on the leafy frame!


I love, love, LOVE these butterflies ... I think I may need to make a stockpile!

**For the record - no, everything wasn't dry yet, I was running out of month!!**

Products

  • ReneaBouquets
    • Astrial Pink Premium Paper Glitter Glass Butterflies
    • Teal Shard Glitter Glass
    • Gold Glitter Glass
  • Creative Embellishments
    • Fairy Door (Set 1)
    • Leafy Vine Frame
  • Prima
    • Finnabair
      • 3D Gloss Gel
      • Rust Effect Paste
        • Purple
        • Turquoise
        • Powder Blue
  • Emerald Creek
    • Seth Apter Baked Texture
      • Ancient Amber
      • Patina Oxide
  • Ranger
    • Emboss It Dabber
  • Simply
    • Acrylic Paint
      • Mixing White
  • Master's Touch
    • Acrylic Paint
      • Gold
  • Dina Wakley
    • Acrylic Paint
      • Eggplant
      • Peacock
    • Cell Creator
  • Liquitex Pouring Medium
  • Unknown/Unbranded
    • 8x10 Canvas
    • Texture Pebbles
    • Feather Moulds
    • Cheesecloth

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic project! Thank you for playing along with us at More than Words Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous! Your butterflies match our fairy to a T!!! Love it! Thank you so much for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete