Friday, May 31, 2019

Art Daily Journal Cover



For the months of May and June, Tres Jolie Kit Club is going to be working on the Finnabair Art Daily Journal! Which is why the May Cards, Tags, & More kit contained the 58 Piece Journal Cover Set, plus Finnnabair's Victorian Bookmarks & Sentiment's Stickers!

I decided to at least make the cover look like I planned on being productive!! I mean, it is the last day of the month and I didn't actually get any of the "Daily" part done like I told myself I would "just as soon as I finished the cover."

Lots of mixed media products on here, and not all of the glue is dried or the Heavy Body Gel, but it was dry enough to take photos!


First I took all the elastics off the journal so I could coat it in black gesso, then I figured out what was going to be the decoration after browsing my stash...so after I glued all the base pieces down I gessoed (<---is that even a word?!?!) again!

I was going to just paint the cover with DWM's Olive, but I saw my dylusion's Chopped Pesto and decided to combine the two! They aren't mixed together, I just dipped half my brush in one color and the other half in the second color. As I layered and built up the paint I would alternate colors or use both together again.

After the paint dried I started working on my rust effect paste, starting with Brown and finishing with Rusty.

As for the metal flowers; I gave them a coating of gesso and let it dry, then I spritzed them with water, randomly sprinkled the Perfect Pearls & Magical Shaker's on them, spritzed them with water again, then heat dried. To help keep the coating in place I gave them a spray with acrylic sealer. (All this was done on my work surface, before attaching them to the cover!!)

To finish I placed all the flowers to my liking, and gave a light coating of Metallique Wax to the edges of the cover!

OH! The Tim Holtz Adornment on the spine (that I used to cover the original hole since I relocated the closure!) ... it was gessoed, painted with Metallique Fresh Orange Acrylic Paint, then coated with the Firebird Wax!


Products
  • [From the] Tres Jolie May 2019 Cards, Tags, & More Kit
    • Prima
      • Finnabair
        • Art Daily Chipboard Album Cover (58 Pieces - Item # 964771)
  • ReneaBouquets
    • Glass Microbeads
      • Rust
    • Mulberry Papers Roses & Leaves
      • Mini Orange
  • Lindy's
    • Magical Shaker
      • Grab A Guy Gold
      • Bratwurst Brown
  • Ranger
    • Perfect Pearls
      • Green Patina
      • Forever Green
  • Dina Wakely Media
    • Acrylic Paint
      • Olive
  • Dylusions
    • Acrylic Paint
      • Chopped Pesto
  • Prima
    • Resin Icons
      • Item # 573300 (Upper Right Clock)
      • Item # 573348 (Topmost Gear)
    • Finnabair
      • Heavy Body Gel
      • Acrylic Paint
        • Metallique Fresh Orange
      • Wax Cire Cera
        • Firebird
      • Rust Effect Paste
        • Dark Brown
        • Green
        • Rusty
      • Mechanica Mould
        • Vintage Trinkets
          • Item # 960278 (Bottom Right Clock)
  • idea-ology
    • Tim Holtz
      • Curio Knobs
      • Timepieces
      • Adornments
        • Foundry
  • We R Memory Keepers
    • Crop-A-Dile
    • Crop-A-Dile II
  • Mod Podge
    • Gloss Clear Acrylic Sealer
  • Liquitex
    • Black Gesso
    • Clear Gesso
  • Unknown/Unbranded
    • Metal Flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment