Sunday, February 17, 2019

Altered Box

An altered box I did for the Reneabouquets Feb 2019 Valentintes/Romantic Mood Board Challenge over on Facebook!

I started with the Shimmerz Raspberry Sherbet for the lower half of the box then used their Salt of the Earth for the upper half & lid, and left it to dry overnight. When I work up the next morning I felt that something was missing, so I pulled out my new Prima Indian Pink wax, my Nuvo Mousse, and my jar of Iridescent Glaze, and I sat down to ponder what to do with it all!

Eventually I decided to put the Indian Pink wax on top of the Raspberry Sherbet, I added a middle band of color with the Nuvo Mousse, and I put the Iridescent Glaze on the remaining white Salt of the Earth. After it was all dry I was arranging the flowers on the lid and kept thinking I should add something subtle, which is where the lattice stenciling came from. Then I finished arranging my flowers, sprinkled on some glitter glass, and added the "Astrial Pink" butterfly from ReneaBouquets for some extra color.

Products:
  • ReneaBouquets:
    • Hot Pink Shard Glitter Glass
    • Astrial Pink Glass Wing Double Butterflies
    • Tropical Summer Limited Edition Anemone Mulberry Paper Flowers (the light pink flowers & leaves)
  • Shimmerz:
    • Paste-eez
      • Salt of the Earth
      • Raspberry Sherbet
  • Prima
    • Finnabair
      • Art Alchemy Metallic Wax
        • Indian Pink
    • Art Extravagance
      • Paper Texture Paste
  • Tonic
    • Nuvo Embellishment Mousse
      • Peony Pink
  • American Crafts
    • Vicki Boutin
      • CreativeFX Iridescent Glaze
  • Art Anthology
    • Lattice Stencil
  • KaiserCraft
    • Paper Blooms
      • Hot Pink
  • JudiKins Diamond Glaze

No comments:

Post a Comment