Sunday, February 10, 2019

Fairly Purple Shadow Box!


I received the January Mixed Media Kit from Tres Jolie and was just in love with the shadow box! (Yes, part of the kit! Kim puts EXCELLENT kits together!! Tres Jolie has a monthly scrapbooking, mixed media, and card, tags, & more kit. No, I'm not reimbursed in any way to promote the kits, I'm a regular customer who happens to love the kits!)

Anyhow...the kit also came with purple paint & purple flowers...(and other items)...
Then I saw the January Mood Board Challenge at Mixed Media Place and I thought to myself, "Huh, that works!"

Mixed Media Place January 2019 Mood Board

After I primed the shadow box (Kilz spray primer because I didn't want to use a paintbrush on chicken wire!) I put on a coat of DecoArt "Lavender" Acrylic Paint. After that was dry I applied a thin coat of Prima's "Frozen Berries." The chicken wire was sprayed with Ayeeda Mist "Patina Bronze"by 13 @rts. The doily is a Creative Embellishments doily that I used black gesso on then painted with Prima's "Rustic Brown."

After all that it was just a matter of playing with placement until I thought it "looked right." (All the products I used are listed at the bottom of this post.)

All lit up!
 Here are some close ups:






This darling little fairy, "Tessie B Darling," can be found over at ReneaBouquets.com, as well as the butterflies and the (light) purple flowers.


Products:
[From the] Tres Jolie Mixed Media Kit (January 2019)
-DecoArt "Lavender" Acrylic Paint
-Creative Embellishments "Doily"
-Prima Flowers (Most of the White flowers)
-Darice Flowers (Dark Purple)
-Shadow Box

ReneaBouquets
-Printed Beautiful Board Fairy - "Tessie B Darling"
-"Salted Caramel" Premium Paper Glitter Glass, Tiny Treasures Premium Paper Glitter Glass, and Magical Miniatures Double Side Printed Butterflies
-Purple & White Roses & Leaves Mulberry Flowers
-Mulberry Paper Leaves

Prima Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint
-Rustic Brown
-Frozen Berries

Prima Heavy Bodied Gel

Judi-Kins Diamond Glaze

13 @rts
-Ayeeda Mist: Patina Bronze

Liquitex Black Gesso
Kilz Spray Primer ... because I didn't want to try use a paintbrush on chicken wire! LOL
Cinnamon Sticks ("generic" - from the grocery store)
Unbranded light string

2 comments:

  1. Lovely shadow box! Great inspiration. Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very unusual and beautiful! Thanks from MMP.

    ReplyDelete