Thursday, June 6, 2019

Egg Hunt

Egg Hunt - Created for the More Than Words June 2019 Main Challenge!
I started scrap-booking way back in 2009 when a friend asked me if I wanted to come over and scrap with her one night. At the time I was only thinking it would give me something to do...well, I haven't stopped since! Honestly, at the time, I thought it was just putting photos down on paper and I think I might have actually said, "you know, they make photo albums for that!"

Anyhow, I have often wanted to go back and "fix" my earlier layouts and More Than Words gave me the perfect motivation this month! Truthfully I have been wanting to go back and "fix" this particular layout for a while (the before photo is a bit further down!). At the time I made it (mid-2010, according to the date of the photo of the layout), I hadn't been scrap-booking very long, maybe 7-8 months. I didn't have a lot of supplies, I think all my paper still fit in a single Iris 3" Scrapbook Case! Then I found out people sew on their layouts! "SEW!!! Why didn't I think of that! I have a sewing machine! I'm gonna sew!"

This months More Than Words Challenge is "Favorite & Scraplift Yourself." 

What does the word FAVORITE inspire you to create?
You can choose to use the actual word somewhere on your project 
or simply be inspired by it. Please explain in your blog post 
how it inspired you if it isn't obvious in your work.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens - are these a few of your favorite things? As an extention to our word inspiration this month, we want you to find a favorite old project of your own and SCRAPLIFT YOURSELF! You can copy the design, the colours or any part of the project, so long as the project was created by you. Please share the original project in your post so we can see both the original and the scraplifted pieces.

The word "favorite" has a two part inspiration for me.
  1. Sewing is still one of my favorite techniques on layouts.
  2. These are some of my favorite photos! Especially the look on my sons face while the eggs are being counted! (No, that's not me counting them with him in the photo! I was the one behind the camera!!)
As for scraplifting myself, I lifted technique (sewing), and colors (I actually used paper from the same DCWV stack!)

I took "Reinvent and old favorite" very literally! LOL!!

Ok...are you ready now? Ready to see the original?

Here it is:

The original, and my VERY first time sewing on a layout!

The original paper that the original title had been cut from!








What a difference nine years of "practice" makes!


Cut Files & Fonts (new layout):
  • Silhouette Store
    • Sweet Pea Sketch (Font) #86121
    • PN Flittering Bold (Font) #191827
    • SG Easter Egg Dingbats #256084
    • Chevron Easter Eggs #121232
    • Easter Eggs #24502

Products (new layout):
  • Shimmerz
    • Vibez
      • Hermit the Frog
    • Coloringz
      • Don't Citron Me
  • Studio Calico
    • Large Alpha Used For "HUNT"
  • Pink Paislee
    • Paige Evans
      • Oh My Heart Ephemera
  • Hip Kit Club
    • Day Dreams
      • Puffy Stickers
  • American Crafts
    • Creative Devotion
      • Texture Stickers
    • Dear Lizzy
      • Date Stamp
  • Prima
    • Water Brush
  • Die Cuts With A View
    • Holiday Stack?? (around 2009-10)
  • Bazzill
    • Avalanche
  • A Flair For Buttons (Etsy)
    • All three buttons ... at least I'm pretty sure because my collection was "manhandled" by a 2 & 6 yo in April when my niece & nephew came to visit! But who can resist colorful, shiny objects?!?!
  • 13 @rts
    • Ayeeda  Ink
  • idea-ology
    • Tim Holtz
      • Mini Stapler
  • Ranger
    • Archival Ink
      • Jet Black
    • Tim Holtz
      • Distress Oxide
        • Peacock Feathers
        • Squeezed Lemonade
  • Silhouette
    • Cameo 3
    • Pen Holder
  • Uni-Ball
    • Singo (Micro 207)
  • Liquitex
    • Clear Gesso
  • Krylon
    • Workable Fixative
  • Unknown/Unbranded
    • Threads
    • Washi Tape
    • Tissue Paper
    • White Cardstock (scrap pile!)
    • **All the other patterened papers. (They came in a SSS kit at least two years ago, but SSS "tears" off random chunks of pads ...)
Original Layout Products & Fonts (that I can remember):
  • Cricut
    • "53 Eggs" came from a Cricut Cartridge. I don't know which one, it's been a long time! I want to say it had the word "Basic" in it ...
  • Die Cuts With A View
    • Holiday Stack?? (around 2009-10)

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love that you reworked such an old project. And it's made such a difference! Thanks for showing us such a unique and wonderful interpretation of the scraplift challenge at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I think they are both great! I wouldn't have changed anything about the original, but I also really like the re-do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Scraplift is so beautiful.
    Thank you so much for playing along with More Than Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work! Thank you for joining us at MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a clever scraplift on your original layout. Thank you for joining us in the More Than Words challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an adorable way to scrap lift you layout! matches the challenge perfectley! Thank you for joining in the More Thank Words challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely brilliant take on our challenge and you ended up with a fabulous looking layout on top of that! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Scraplift...
    Thank you for joining us at More Than Words...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great scraplift!
    I love how well it all goes together on the new layout.
    Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work.. I love ur layout.. Thanks for playing with us at MTW!

    ReplyDelete