Monday, July 10, 2017

be your own sunshine



I saw a piece of paper (I'll show that later) that inspired the coloring of this tag. Plus, Simon Says Scrap's current Wednesday challenge is "Summer Sunshine." Add to the mix a quote I saw that said, "Sometimes you have to be your own sunshine," and a tag was born.

The flowers didn't come out exactly how I had hoped, but sometimes that just happens!

I started out with a piece of cardboard cut to a size 12 tag (10 1/2" x 5 1/4 I think...I have a template so I don't always have to measure or remember!) and I coated it thickly with white acrylic paint.

My tag base
After that I started gathering supplies I thought I might use and picked out colors I thought could be used to try and recreate the color and design of this piece of Echo Park paper! (I received mine in the July Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp, now to make a card with it!)

The paper that inspired it all!
Smooshing paint into all the crevices!
The honeycomb and riveted metal are from using Amazing Casting Resin in Tim Holtz's embossing folders (Watch a technique video here!). The flourish's are from a flourish circle I had cut out a few years ago with my Cameo. It was multiple layers of cardstock that didn't get glued together quite right, and was painted a light pink. I finally decided it was time to either use it or toss it! And, all of the gears on this project came from the Silhouette store.

Lots of ink & paint & Metallique Wax & Perfect Pearls on here!
After I painted everything, added some "Old Silver" Prima Metallique Wax randomly then I went back over with matching/coordinating Distress Oxides. After all that was dried I used a Crafter's Workshop 12 x 12 Template ("Sunburst") for the rays, and a circle stencil I made a while back for the...umm, circles.

All the shine on the gears for the "sun" is from Perfect Pearls "Perfect Pearl." The sun rays are Delicata "White Shimmer" Pigment Ink.
More Perfect Pearls for the circles!

Lots of "mulberry" type flowers sprayed with a variety of colors! For the oranges I mixed "Carved Pumpkin" Distress Stain with some Perfect Pearls "Perfect Pearl" and "Pewter." The different shades of yellows and oranges is due to the original colors of the flowers. The pink flowers are from Shimmerz Coloringz "Pink Stilettos," and the mint is from Heidi Swapp's Color Shine "Sweet Mint."

Product List:
  • Silhouette Cameo
  • Amazing Cast Resin
  • Pink Paislee: Take Me Away Collection: Thickers with Foil Accents: Phrases: "Dream"
  • Hip Kit Club Exclusive Alpha (May 2017 Main Kit)
  • Shimmerz: AcriTonez - Pinkadelic; Coloringz - Pink Stilettos
  • Perfect Pearls: Perfect Pearl & Pewter
  • Tsukineko Delicata: White Shimmer
  • White acrylic paint
  • Heidi Swapp Color Shine: Sweet Mint
  • Tim Holtz Distress Paint - Carved Pumpkin & Cracked Pistachio; Distress Spray Stain - Carved Pumpkin; Distress Oxide - Wild Honey, Cracked Pistachio, & Picked Raspberry; Embossing Folders - Riveted Metal & Honeycomb
  • Ranger Mini Mister
  • Prima Art Alchemy Metallique Wax: Old Silver
  • "Mulberry" type flowers

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful tag! Love that background!! Great design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete