Sunday, July 7, 2019

Forest Key (a Mixed Media ATC)

 

 I don't know if I should say I created these for the June Mixed Media Place challenge, but will be swapping them, or if it would be more accurate to say the June Mixed Media Place challenge helped me put together these ATCs for the "Favorite Product and/or Technique" category of the swap over at scrapbook.com! They both helped each other along in the end!

I love the mood board this month over at Mixed Media Place. The wonderful colors of the forest really spoke to me! I'm also participating in the ATC swap over at scrapbook.com, hosted by Marci (you can find her here and here), and was still "needing" to make my "Favorite Product and/or Technique" batch! I have a little of both on these cards! I love, love, LOVE Finnabair's products by Prima, and I adore using her waxes, but I also love mica powders (in this case I used Lindy's Magical Shakers), and Tim Holtz was my first designer love (I've been collecting Tim Holtz since shortly after I first started scrapbooking!).

(Below you can find a process video, more photos, & a product list.)
The Mixed Media Place June Mood Board for the June challenge.
Process Video:


 
I think one of my favorite things about ATCs is they help me use up scraps & partial packages, plus I find them to be very freeing, even I can only fit so much on a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" surface!

With these ATCs I didn't cut into any new cardstock or open any new packages! In fact I finished off one of the Prima packages & the Little Birdie package in addition to getting rid of a teeny tiny bit of my vast scrap collection! (Okay, maybe not vast...it could be worse I suppose!)

Also, to make projects go faster, when I have some spare time I will make up batches of pieces from my various moulds. I can't say I have an absolute preference of which resin to use, both of the ones used to make these keys have a purpose. Amazing Cast Resin sets up F.A.S.T!! And I mean you better have a plan of action and work in small batches! This is great when I don't have the time to wait for the Art 'N Glow resin to set. However, I love the Art 'N Glow because it mixes up thinner, and I have a work time of 45 minutes! The thinner is great for the smaller moulds I have, and the longer time is better because I can pour slow and sure! (It does, however, have a 24 hour cure time.)

**Note: I'd wear gloves. The Amazing Cast Resin gets real hot, real fast (it's best not to ask why I know this so well!). Gloves will help you peel that off quick! The Art 'N Glow is just practically impossible to wash off with soap and water. It's very sticky! (Again, don't ask! LOL)








Products:

  • Lindy's
    • Magical Shaker
      • Grab A Guy Gold
      • Bratwurst Brown
      • Cathedral Pines Green
  • Prima
    • "Keys" Mould
    • Candy Gems
      • Melon
    • Cinderella Collection
      • Cypress
    • Finnabair
      • Opal Magic Paint
        • Violet-Green
        • Green-Gold
      • Sparks Paint
        • Fairy Wings
      • Metallique Wax
        • Bronze Age
      • Wax Cire Cera
        • Firebird
  • Little Birdie
    • Rosalind Pearl Pink
  • Sizzix
    • Big Shot Pro
    • Tim Holtz
      • Thinlits
        • Detailed Butterflies, Mini
  • Liquitex
    • Matte Super Heavy Gel
  • Fibre Craft
    • Painted Stem Wire
  • Art Glitter Glue
  • Amazing Cast Resin (White)
  • Art N Glow Casting & Coating Epoxy Resin (Clear)
  • Scraps
    • All paper/cardstock

1 comment:

  1. Love these ATCs CJ!!! I love to make pocket letters for the very reasons you described above. Haven't made any, though, lately, due to Rebecca not being able to host the swap on sb.com. I can only hope and pray she gets better but it doesn't look good. Thank you for sharing your technique work!! Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete