Monday, July 29, 2019

Shadowbox

Note: Taking photos of reflective surfaces is one of my least favorite things to do!
I created this shadowbox for the July 2019 Lindy's Gang Color Challenge (Info can be found on the Lindy's Blog and Facebook Page). It's my first time doing a Lindy's Challenge, mostly because I need more Lindy's supplies. It's not a lack of wanting to go on a Lindy's shopping spree, it's an "I don't know where it would go" thing. I need to use up some of the items I already own so I'll have spots for new stuff! (However, if I'm lucky enough to win, then the hubs can't question why I bought new items when I am clearly at capacity! "It's not my fault," I'll say, "I was trying to use what I own and this just happened!")

Anyhow, I did happen to have some Lindy's Magical Shakers in Bratwurst BrownGrab A Guy Gold, and Alpine Ice Rose that I thought would work for this challenge. I "diluted" the Alpine Ice Rose in some white texture paste for the Pale Rose in the color challenge (1st color on the photo below) and used my "new" texture paste for the stenciling on the outside of the shadowbox. I also created the Red Brown (2nd color on the photo below) for the color challenge in a homemade spray by mixing Alpine Ice Rose and Bratwurst Brown, which I sprayed on the (white) Darice flowers.

I used a lot of Bratwurst Brown and Grab A Guy Gold on the outside of the shadowbox, as well as on the background inside the shadowbox. On the lattice, after I gave it a coat of white gesso, I used clear embossing ink on the surface and brushed on more Grab A Guy Gold. (There will be a process video link further down this post which will hopefully explain things a lot better than I can with words!)

My process video: It will go here after editing & uploading. Also, uploads can take a while for me because I have satellite Internet...and to top it off, today is a rainy/overcast day.




However, I do have a few close-ups for you to look at!






Products:

  • Lindy's Gang
  • [From the] July 2019 Tres Jolie Mixed Media Kit
    • Darice
      • Floral Embellishments
      • Shadow Box
    • Creative Embellishments
      • Love Knot Panel
  • ReneaBouquets
    • Mini Chocolate Covered Caramel Roses
    • Leopard Premium Paper Butterflies
  • KaiserCraft
    • Wildflower Collection
      • Succulents
  • Tonic
    • Nuvo Mica Mist
      • Antique Gold
  • Ranger
    • Tim Holtz
      • Distress Crackle Paint
        • Clear Rock Candy
      • Mini Blending Tool
  • idea-ology
    • Tim Holtz
      • Sanding Block
  • Prima
    • Stencil (Item #564278
    • Finnabair
      • Opal Magic Acrylic Paint
        • Rose Gold
      • Metallique Wax
        • Vintage Gold
  • TCW
    • Light & Fluffy Modeling Paste
  • Simon Says Stamp
    • Embossing & Watermark Ink
      • Clear
  • Liquitex
    • Matte Super Heavy Gel
  • Kilz
    • Original Primer
  • Mod Podge
    • Matte Acrylic Sealer
  • Daler Rowney
    • White Gesso

No comments:

Post a Comment