|Red, White, & Blue ATCs|
My initial background was too embossed! I didn't want it to be quite like that! But, if nothing else, I'm persistent, so I decided to see what I could do with it!
|Initial Background. Thick watercolor paper, coated with white acrylic paint, embossed using Tim Holtz's "Cracked," striped with Tim Holtz's "Stripes" stencil & Distress Oxide Fired Brick, and colored with Distress Oxide Faded Jeans for the blue.|
What better way to adhere that glitter than with some Transparent Gloss Texture Paste from Ranger "squished" through a temporary stencil I made with some scrap card stock and a "starburst" cut file from Silhouette? In hindsight, there probably are better ways! Oh. My. Gosh. Now I just have too much everything!
|Well, that's just too much ... EVERYTHING!|
Using my hot glue gun I stuck the cuts to the ATCs, used the sanding block to distress the edges, and inked them up with some Frayed Burlap Distress Ink! There was still a little too much "stuff" showing, and that's when I decided to enlist the help of a little birdie!
|Flourish cut file from the Silhouette Store!|
|Little Birdie (Tim Holtz's Mini Bird Crazy & Things) to the rescue!|
|Persistence paid off!|
- Silhouette Cameo: Used to cut the flourish which is from the Silhouette Store.
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Simple Stories: Stars & Stripes "Independence Day"
- Tim Holtz: Mini Bird Crazy & Things Stamps & Dies
- Tim Holtz Sanding Grip
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxides: Faded Jeans, Broken China, Fired Brick
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Frayed Burlap
- Tim Holtz Distress Markers: Picket Fence, Ground Espresso, Candied Apple, & Carved Pumpkin
- Tim Holtz Distress Paint: Candied Apple
- Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium: Crazing
- Tim Holtz Stencils: Rays & Stripes
- Echo Park Stencil: "Beach Towel"
- White Acrylic Paint
- Shimmerz Dazzlerz: Spun Sugar
- Shimmerz Vibez: Glorious Day
- Mod Podge Paper: Gloss
- Prima Snowflake Paste
- Ranger Texture Paste: Transparent Gloss; Black Archival Ink, Water Pen, & Glossy Accents
- Martha Stewart Glitter: Crystal, Lapis Lazuli, & Tourmaline